7 Years Ago
As of January 27th.
Wow!
I feel so old. Scott and I have been married for 7 years, I wish I could share some pictures but I don't want to go out to the garage in the cold and find them & scan them in, maybe another day. Scott & I have known each other since I was 17 I thought he was 40 or close to. I also thought he was hairy and needed a good shower, but he did act like a big brother to me. He was one of my bosses. I could not believe it when he asked me out. I wanted to say NO, but if you know me I can never say No to people, so the snobby little teenager I was I told everyone it was more of a pity date. I had just turned of legal age, 18 I guess he had been waiting since he is almost 5 years older. Anyway I told my mom hoping she would object but, she just went along. Later that night he came to the door, and he had taken that long needed shower I guess because he looked totally different, and was even cleaned shaven.
That night was the first night of are life together. Yes we kissed on the first date. I know I know, after all those young Women lessons, and I didn't even listen. Oh well that was 9 years ago, just don't tell my kids.
The past years have not been easy, I can't tell you we have one of those marriages that I wouldn't change it for the world but.... the truth is I would change a lot. I think me and Scott have gone through more struggles then most new families and are life has been hard and we have had many trials together, and sometimes I can't stand him, but the truth is he always sticks around and puts up with me and my OCD cleaning, & organizing habits, even though the other day we were having a heart to heart and told me it's driving him crazy he just up and checked off his list. I know some day are life will slow down and will be able to enjoy each other more and reflect and laugh about some of are struggles and most important share them with are children so they can avoid them.
Scott is the best DAD I know. He loves to play with Mik & his girls, even though his plate is really full right now, he always makes time for them, and they love him.
I feel we have come along way since we met when I was in High School. And the only thing that matters right now is that we are still together and we still can laugh together!
Wow!
I feel so old. Scott and I have been married for 7 years, I wish I could share some pictures but I don't want to go out to the garage in the cold and find them & scan them in, maybe another day. Scott & I have known each other since I was 17 I thought he was 40 or close to. I also thought he was hairy and needed a good shower, but he did act like a big brother to me. He was one of my bosses. I could not believe it when he asked me out. I wanted to say NO, but if you know me I can never say No to people, so the snobby little teenager I was I told everyone it was more of a pity date. I had just turned of legal age, 18 I guess he had been waiting since he is almost 5 years older. Anyway I told my mom hoping she would object but, she just went along. Later that night he came to the door, and he had taken that long needed shower I guess because he looked totally different, and was even cleaned shaven.
That night was the first night of are life together. Yes we kissed on the first date. I know I know, after all those young Women lessons, and I didn't even listen. Oh well that was 9 years ago, just don't tell my kids.
The past years have not been easy, I can't tell you we have one of those marriages that I wouldn't change it for the world but.... the truth is I would change a lot. I think me and Scott have gone through more struggles then most new families and are life has been hard and we have had many trials together, and sometimes I can't stand him, but the truth is he always sticks around and puts up with me and my OCD cleaning, & organizing habits, even though the other day we were having a heart to heart and told me it's driving him crazy he just up and checked off his list. I know some day are life will slow down and will be able to enjoy each other more and reflect and laugh about some of are struggles and most important share them with are children so they can avoid them.
Scott is the best DAD I know. He loves to play with Mik & his girls, even though his plate is really full right now, he always makes time for them, and they love him.
I feel we have come along way since we met when I was in High School. And the only thing that matters right now is that we are still together and we still can laugh together!
3 comments:
it's amazing how fast it flys by. I've been married for 11 1/2 years and can't believe it.
Congrats! I hope you have at leat 50 more years together!
I can not beleive it! you and scott you would change parts? I am so excited that you made it, Remember when I got there for your wedding and we got lost for like two hours and then at like 1130pm you made scott go to wendys for us before he could go home! poor guy! dont remember thinking he was 40 tho!
Post a Comment