Saturday, May 17, 2008

Utah at it's finest




OK so we have been spending a lot of our time up in the canyon. The weather has been great and we love to get out and do something simple we grab marshmallows and something for dinner and take the quick drive. The kids love it and as you can see they are so excited that corn season is on its way. Seriously they even eat it as a snack if we have some in the fridge, they just walk around and munch on it. Fine with me! They even like to help shuck it when I was young that was a chore to me and my sisters but like I say my kids aren't normal sometimes.








Me and the kids were just sitting around the other day so I asked them if they wanted to go on a quick Hike they jumped at the idea and loved it I was really surprised that the girls liked it we cant even make it from the car to the store with out them asking to be held. I don't think I ever carried Mik when he was 4. That's what happens i guess when you are the baby, but in my case that would be 2.



Like I said we love going to the canyon and have been up a few time just this week. We had are good friends come join us one night. The kids had a blast running around with their girls. The girls were totally rag muffins but that is OK we come home and throw them straight in the bath. The girls are always asking when we can go Marshmallow cookin, instead of saying roasting marshmallows.


We also had a visit to the dentist this week. I had totally forgot about it and hadn't told the kids. They had called to confirm the day before and I had just happened to be playing with my phone and put it on my calendar. i got home from picking up the girls from school and noticed my cell phone was beeping. so we hoped back in the car and when I told them where we were going you think I would have told them we were going to Disneyland they were so excited.I told you strange kids, but they love the dentist all the way there they were talking about what toy they hoped to pick out and what show they were going to watch and Mik was so excited to go play the PlayStation. Anyways no cavities, I have good little brushers and flossers. Anther strange fact about my kids they love to floss. i remember when I was little i hated to floss it was so time consuming. well I guess these days they have the little flossy things, if you know what I mean I love those to.

Oh I almost forgot about mothers day.
The kids were so cute. They were so excited about Mothers day. They made me cards and hid them all over the house even in the fridge( I guess they wanted it to stay cool and fresh). They were so excited to wake me up I could hear it all going on as I lay in bed and Scott would come running to grab them as the were turning the handle to our room, and he would say not yet, and they would ask him when? They made me a nice breakfast. Scott also made an appt. for me to go get my hair done since I have been neglecting to go. I have been wanting to go but haven't and so Scott has been cutting the bottom for the last 2 months i know I can't believe I let him do that.It was nice to go since it is my friend from high school, it is always nice to catch up.
Sorry about all the rambling i really should just post more often so I didn't have to go on and on about things.




I love the age that my kids are at we have started to play games together as a family and the kids look forward to this all the time, The family favorite "Go Fish" or as the girls say " Gold Fish" it is so cute to watch them interact with each other and ask for cards. Mik takes it very seriously where the girls just laugh and giggle the whole time. So fun!


This is Mik having good sportsmanship when he won, he doesn't like to brag or anything. And Kinzie wanted to win so here is our other champ!

4 comments:

Elissa said...

your kids are just so cute! I envy you the canyon. We do have a state forest nearby us but we haven't ventured out there yet.

jackson family said...

the girls are so big! i know what you mean taylor is so lazy!!!!!!!!!!!

ishybeanie said...

the mountains are my favorite also. we use to go all the time.

Amber Feller said...

LISA!!! I love the girls' Frilly shoes!! Where did you get them???