Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ending of 2009

Well I hope you all had a great Christmas, I know we did!
I can't believe I am just getting around to blogging this I am so ashamed of myself.
The Game
Well we started off the month with Scott going to Seattle to see the 49ers and the Seattle sea hawks play his friend had been given tickets so a car load of them drove up for the weekend and were to come home on Sunday but because of weather didn't get home till Monday, and as soon as Scott walked in the door he took a shower and left to School with no time to spare. I was not happy about being a single mom all weekend but was glad he got to go have fun! He was sad though the 49ers lost, And he froze his butt off!
The Tree
I always like to post about our Christmas tree and boy was that eventful this year. Scott talked me in to getting a real tree this year and once we got it home I was really excited it was so pretty and smelt better then it looked. So a few days after we got it I started to think that it was feeling a little crispy but Scott insisted that it was fine and I was just being paranoid so he left on his trip and I swore it was getting crispy everyday and i kept seeing these little spiders on it. so the day Scott got home the tree was totally dead I told the kids not to turn the lights on in fear that it might start a fire. I showed it to Scott and he was not happy so the next day he went to the tree lot to talk to them, I thought there was no way in heck this redneck was going to replace the tree but to my quick judgement he was very kind and was so sorry and told us to pick one out. Seems it did have a bug, but first we had to take all the lights and ornaments off what a pain, needles were everywhere not to mention when we were done the tree completely fell over and needles went flying everywhere, so much to my dismay we got another tree and put those stinkin lights back up and it looked just perfect and lasted till we took it down in the New year! Wahoo!
Christmas Eve
For Christmas eve we had my mom, Dad, Sister Megan and her husband Mike over for some snacking and company we had a lot of fun and laughed a lot! The kids just really wanted to go to bed so once they all left into bed and they even went right to sleep I was shocked. until Mik woke up at 2 and said he just couldn't sleep anymore. No we did not let that happen are you crazy, we said come back at 7 we woke up around 6:30 made the beds and I could her Mik 12 more minutes and counting down as the minutes past. it wasn't quite 7 and we said ok and he said you said not till 7. So I guess he got lucky!
Well Santa must have dumped his sled in our family room the kids made out pretty good each got a DS from the old guy along with a lot more, but Mik's favorite was the Steve young football trading cars he got he screamed and ran around the house Wow I bet Santa wishes he would have known that would be the case before he spent all the money on a DS.(8 Steve Young Cards $3 bucks DS A lot of bucks $$$!)Well it was fun to see them all so happy. The girls favorite gift black high heels! Enough said, for these shoe lovers!

Sledding Ending in Tragedy

Our Friends the Manning's invited us to go sledding up in American Fork Canyon the day after Christmas. It was a lot of fun my favorite is when Scott and Morgan got on a sled and went down together, they had a rough start but they made it down.

The girls started to get cold so we decided to head out Scott moved the car closer and Halli was there waiting to get in the car Scott pulled in and Halli walked toward the car but Scott was not finished pulling in and the back tire went right over her foot. So that was the longest ride down the canyon i have ever been on with a 5 year old crying Scott thinking he is the worst dad and me crying and thinking we are so lucky it was just her foot. when we finally got to the ER I looked at it and thought maybe it isn't so bad the Doctor thought it would be fine he actually said it happens all the time and usually there is no brake feet are pretty resilient. Well there was a brake. but no cast the podiatrist thought it would heel to fast to mess with a cast and they had no boot her size so they said stay off it for a few days and when she starts to walk put that snow boot on for support. So for awhile we had a little 5 year old that crawled everywhere. Poor thing but she was very brave.

Farnsworth Party

My Mom is trying to do a party every year for my dads side of the family a week after Christmas, which worked out so much better. This year she rented a lodge and we went sledding and mingled and ate, it was so much fun the kids went sledding all day even at night in the dark i am glad it was a warm day or it would have been freezing at night. Good times were had by all but of course it was a Farnsworth party what else would you expect?

Happy New Year

It is a new year? Wow 2009 went so fast time is flying bye so fast! I hope I can take more in this year. I wounder what the New year has in store for us? I hope Scott Finds a new job this year quickly after graduation in April! Wahoo!

1 comment:

erika said...

What a great way to end a year.
Expect for Halli foot.
But there is always going to be a little drama in life.
Tell the girls Hi from me.