Thursday, May 8, 2008

Some fresh air


This morning me and Scott went for a short Hike together, while all the kids were in school. It was so nice to get some fresh air. I love to go hiking, but it has been awhile, especially with no kids. The views were incredible, and just being up there in the quite scenery just felt great. I hope to go many more times in the coming months and venture some more trails.




This past weekend we made it up to the Zoo. It was a mad house. I don't normally go places like that on the weekend for that reason, but we got free tickets, and that makes it all worth it (I guess). The kids had fun. and of course the bird show was the best part. I love the bird show it is so cool and it is fun to see the kids faces light up and see their reactions when a bird flies over their head and nearly hits them. So fun! Anyway, as most zoos go there of course was construction and " I am sorry this animal is not on exhibit today." so frustrating, I think all zoo's have something you go to see and it is not out that day or they have sent it to another zoo because of construction. Well as long as the kids have fun. You don't need to here me whine any more.


Oh I almost forgot I had to put this picture in. This is how I found Halli the other night when I went to go see if they had fallen asleep yet. Obviously she had gotten out of bed, but she is asleep! I guess these nights are getting to bright for her!

I know why does she have a sleeping bag? They got these from my parents and ever since they don't sleep in the covers they like the sleeping bag un-zipped and on top of them. I have tried to stop this strange habit but I pick my battles daily and this one I choose to loose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? Pleasant Grove canyon (south of the G). I love hiking!

Selfieprotection said...

Amy how did you know? You are good! It is close to home and a great hike.Can't beat that!

Field Family said...

oh my gosh those pictures of Halie are hilarious. I wonder what sort of imaginative world she was in right before she fell asleep. Maybe in Hawaii, lounging on the beach, being served lemonade and and endless supply of candy.

jackson family said...

so much fun...sorry I have been such a boob and missed our calls. next week will be better. I wish we had good trails around us we have bike trails but baylee is not big enough.