Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sand, Sand, & more Sand!

BEAR LAKE
So this weekend for Scott's Birthday we headed up to Bear Lake for a little beach and water fun.

The kids keep asking why we never go to the beach, they say we use to go all the time, I try to tell them it is because it was so close when we lived in North Carolina and now it is far away so Scott thought that it would be fun to take them to Bear lake for his Birthday so we did and it was so fun. Definitely colder then the ocean but it was great to get out and swim in a body of water.And the sand was always a good thing for the kids, maybe not so much for me since everything including unmentionables gets sand in and out and I get to clean it all.

We ended up camping at a near by campground that we have memberships to and it was nice all nights except for the last. It was such a nice day and then within a few minutes the weather went from Hot and sunny to windy and cold. I saw the lightning over the mountain and thought we would be fine and boom a big thunder ant a bolt of lightning. I swear it was all around us it was really scary the kids screamed. We put them in the car and me and Scott scurried around throwing things into the tent ans as we are doing this lighting is striking all over i seriously have never been scared of lightning but it was intense the kids were screaming for us to get in the car. We hoped in and got a movie going for the kiddos and brought in there sleeping bags and pillows since it was bedtime, they ended up falling right to sleep and as soon as the storm passed we locked up the car and me and Scott went and slept in the tent there was no way I was sleeping in the car. In the morning when I woke up I thought they would be up but they were still zonked out. So cute to find the girls all snuggled up to each other, just like when they were little.

"Say Cheese"


On Monday Scott's Birthday we headed back and spent a few hours in Logan so we could stop off at Gossner's "The Cheese Factory" I have been going there since I was a little kid every time my family came to Utah we had to stop there and get some" Squeaky cheese" really it does squeak, only if it is fresh. All you Utahans probably know but for the out of starters, its a fun place.


It was so nice to be gone for a little while but it is hard to go home and feel so overwhelmed with all the cleaning and laundry that must be done and if you know me it has to be done ASAP no waiting around I want it done and I want it done right then!
Hmmm where to next?

4 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun experience. We visit Pineview a couple times a year to enjoy the beach. We were just there yesterday. I love digging my toes in the sand.

ishybeanie said...

i love bearlake we just got back last night.

erika said...

I have always wanted to go to Bear lake.We never been.
My husband favorite treat is Squeaky cheese.

Amy Leininger said...

Lisa!! I can't believe how grown up your children have gotten! I've really been out of touch! I hope you don't mind if I added your blog to my friend's blog list on my blog site. If your not O.K. with that, please let me know. I was just hoping to stay in better touch with what is going on with your family. I can't believe Halli and Kinzie are 5, and Mik is 7! I remember Mik in my primary class, and he was 4! Time really does fly by, doesn't it? My twins, Hailey and Hannah, just turned 1 in July. It's gone by really fast! Anyways, I loved catching up some on your blog.