So this is a picture of Mount Timpanogos, as my kids now call it, "The Mountain of Death"! We made it to the top though.
On Tuesday I decided to hike it alone with the kids (with out Scott). Little did I know that 1.5 mile was straight up, and I would be carrying a 4 year old with a blister on her toe, on my back, and occasionally her sister on the front. I thought we would never get there. I can't tell you how many people passed us on the way up.they would give us the funniest looks, as we were all in flip flops.They never bothered me. The kids would stop about every 10 feet I swear.As we got to the cave one of the Forest Rangers clapped for us, she had seen us on her way up and stopped to talk with us a little. It was well worth the hike. I felt so amazing to have accomplished that alone with the kids. Now I want to do the summit with Scott!
This was the end of Halli walking!
But She did walk all the way down!
Here are the Bathrooms we are almost there! Wahooo!
I also met this nice older guy at the top who was a guide there we got talking with him and come to find out he knew Scott, he was his human Biology teacher in High School, and was so excited to meet us, and told us to get Scott's butt up there. So Now Scott wants to go see him so I guess he wants to go next week. we will See if my legs have stopped shaking by then!
On our way Back down.
And Mik would like you to all know he has been to the top of the world!

4 comments:
Lisa, I'm always amazed at the things you take on all by yourself with those kids! You're a lot braver than I am.
I have never done that.I will have to try it.
I went to that same school as Scott.I had that same teacher to in Biology.I know who you are talking about.He was my favorite teacher.
You are a super mom.You go girl!
Way to go Lisa! That is awesome!! I have never hiked it and I don't know if I ever will.
Im so glad you found us. its always fun to hear from everyone. yes we are in Arkansas its a new world out there I would have to say. well I will add you to my friend list. Keep in touch.
lindsee
Post a Comment