Monday we left and wondered thorough the deserts of Arizona ( not the best scenery!) to San Diego we drove right to Sea World, and the weather guy was wrong it was not in the 70's it was in the 90's, so much for all those jackets and pants I brought. The kids had a blast and the girls hated the Shamu show and climbed under the seats to try to hide from the water little did they know that it would soon be a small river under the benches. They loved to feed the Sting rays it was like a vacuum sucking on your hand. they also pet the Dolphins, they think they feel like rubber.
After the park closed we went to find our Hotel no one would answer the phone there so we drove around for awhile and then I googled it so we were set, so we thought we ended up in some neighborhood in San Diego that just so happens to have the same street name as our hotel later to find out someone messed up and booked our sea world vacation in Anaheim, yeah well we could not get a hold of them and ended up just finding a hotel that night, so frustrating.Well we went to sea world the next day also and then at night went to the beach, i think the kids miss the beach a lot, they were so excited to go and ran straight for the water in their clothes. After getting soaked we took a stroll through Ventura beach and went in the shops and enjoyed the biggest slice of pizza I have ever seen! Mik thought it was the best thing ever! Oh and not a good area to hang out with your family once the sun is down unless you like to buy drugs while bringing your children along! To bad it really is pretty!
Now back to Arizona to my long time friend Tiffany's back through the lovely desert with 2 border control stops making sure we didn't have anything or anyone illegal! We had a lot of fun with Tiff and her girls ( yes no one I know has boys for Mik surprising he really is grown up to be a boy but he does have some mean house playing skills!) We went swimming with her family even though she thought it might be a little chilly since it was only like 95 degrees burr! Thanks Tiffany , Bryce & Girls hope to see you soon! You have the most well behaved children I have ever seen!
So more driving now we had to drive all the way back home, Scott had to work on Saturday and Mik had a football game and pictures, and lets not forget the Ward Chili cook off Scott signed me up for( why do they send sign up sheets to the Elders Quorum, not like they are going to make it!) Anyways we managed to make A dessert a salad and Chili since I have never made it before.
Also we got a nice Utah Welcome, when we got home it was about 30 degrees when we left it was in the 80's that's Utah though!
This was at the end of our road trip, I think they are exhausted?
8 comments:
road trips are the best. it looks like you had a great time.
I remeber the days of road trips, with all of you girls! Where were the dvd's and other travel things, that you all have now. I am so glad that we had the oppurtunity to go on those long trips though. Sounds like you had a lot of fun, glad your home! Mom
Awesome family memories!! That pizza looks sooo good! I want some!
Looks like you parties hard! I hope you have a couple of days to recuperate! Hannah loves to look at all your pictures, by the way. We will be in UT for Christmas, maybe we can see you!
Sounds like a busy but fun roadtrip.I am on one myself.Well just for your info.we moved to tx!So please let the girls know.If you wanted to know more info.Please send your email.Here is my erikacambell2@gmail.com
Don't forget to check my blog later it will have updated pictues.
We will be going to sea world too,but in tx!
I'm glad you guys had fun. We did too. Now you have to come back soon to visit again. It sure was good to see you guys.
OH MY GOOODNESS!!! You Inspire me Lisa! I want so bad to just pack my car and drive somewhere fun and back again. You and Scott are so good about really giving your kids the experience of vacation! I love it! Poor Desi, gets the yearly campout! :)
It looks like you had tons of fun. I'm jealous i wish that i could go on a trip.
Post a Comment